Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jeweled Letter

Recently, I saw a tutorial on Tip Junkie on how to make jeweled letters. I didn't think much of it until I found a box full of old pins from my aunt, grandmother and great-grandmother. Immediately when I saw them, I knew this is what I wanted to do with them! Here is the final result!



Please ignore my reflection in the pictures. Here's what I did:

1. I bought a wooden letter "A" and a shadowbox frame from Hobby Lobby. (I stuck with my first name initial because I want to be able to still display it after I get married, and you know there is a good chance I won't marry someone with a last name that begins with "F")
2. I painted the letter black.
3. I hot glued the jewelry to the letter and then attached it to the back of the shadowbox.

That's it!

I think it's a great way to display all of the pins and jewelry that were so dear to my grandmothers and aunt. Even though they aren't my style to wear, I love how they look when they are all put together! And it also jazzes up my decor! What could be better?!

Here are some closeups of the finished product along with what it looks like on my dresser next to my favorite picture of my brother:



PS: If you like what you see, follow my blog! Once I get to 25 followers, I will draw a name and give something away that I make especially for the winner. You could win!

15 comments:

  1. Ashley, this is beautiful! I am so impressed and proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out amazing!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Ashley! Nice work
    Christine
    greatoakcircle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't remember if I commented...It's the best I've seen in Jeweled letters. I make them and use less pieces but with yours, everything is authenic. No buttons or fill stuff. Most of the other letters are too busy for me...this one is perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is absolutely beautiful. I would like to do the same thing with my cousin's jewelry, but I know it will not be as nice as yours. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking of making a Christmas tree but I like this idea to use my mom's jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking for a unique "jewel" project. I think this might be it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. I was wondering what you used on the back of the shadow box. It looks mirror like?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very pretty. I love your confidence. What adhesive did u use? And is it a wooden letter? Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very attractive did you remove the pin backs when you glued the pins on to the wooden letter?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely Fabulous! Thanks for blogging and sharing a 2 of many current passions of mine...Happiest of New Years One and All! Joy G!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done, it's always a shame to have these precious memories put away in a box. This is beautiful.....Lainey March 17 2021.

    ReplyDelete