Sunday, January 23, 2011

My First Project: A Kindle Cover

As a person just learning to sew, I have been looking for any excuse to make things. I have made a few things so far and I am slowly sharpening my sewing skills. So, here is my latest creation: A Kindle Cover!



My cousin got a Kindle for Christmas, but she found that the covers sold for them were very expensive. I went to Hobby Lobby, found some super cute fabric that fit my cousin's personality, and went to work. I do not use patterns, mainly because I wouldn't know how to make something with them, so I made it up as I went along. I plan on making another one soon with a step by step tutorial so you can make one for yourself.

The camo is one of her favorite patterns, so I had to make it a part of her cover. Then, I glammed it up a little bit with the huge button and bow on the front. Here is a picture of the inside.



Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the result. And, bonus, my cousin LOVED it. This 'pattern' could also be used to make a cover for an iPad (with adjusted measurements, of course).

Do you have any sewing projects for me to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment